About to enter college? In college, but not making the most of your experience? This blog from Dr. Ron Rhoades will enable you to seize from college all that it has to offer, and will empower you to proceed down a path of greater success in all aspects of life.
Monday, May 4, 2015
Gandhi’s Top 10 Fundamentals for Changing the World
1. Change yourself: “You must be the change you want to see in the world.”
2. You are in control: “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”
3. Forgive and let it go: “An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.”
4. Action is everything: “An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching.”
5. Take care of this moment: "I am concerned with taking care of the present."
6. Everyone is human: “I claim to be a simple individual liable to err like any other fellow mortal. However, I have humility enough to confess my errors and to retrace my steps.”
7. Persist: “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
8. Help others: “Man becomes great exactly in the degree in which he works for the welfare of his fellow-men.”
9. Be congruent and authentic: “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."
10. Continue to grow and evolve: "Constant development is the law of life."